Boards and Commissions.
City government is built on the foundation of concerned and caring citizens becoming actively involved in local government. The members of the various boards and commissions help in setting the direction of Farmersville's future.
Each board or commission has a three year term, except where indicated otherwise, with two consecutive terms maximum. After two consecutive terms on a board/commission a member is eligible for re-appointment to the same board or commission after a one term lapse. Most boards require you to live in the city limits. If you have questions about the residence requirements or other requirements please refer to the City Ordinance or contact City Hall.
All appointees must subscribe to the City's Code of Ethics as adopted by ordinance. All applications are kept for one year so there will always be an available pool of interested citizens to fill vacancies that may arise during the year.
The current boards:
- Building and Property Standards Commission
- Farmersville Community Development Corporation Board (4B)
- Farmersville Economic Development Corporation Board (4A)
- Library / Civic Center Board
- Main Street Board
- Parks and Recreation Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Senior Citizens Advisory Committee
- Texoma Housing Partners Board